7/19/10

Oops!

Today was supposed to be the beginning of Doggie DIY week, but I got a little caught up with writing other posts that I didn't get this week's done! So I am moving it to next Mon-Fri. On the bright side Toby was being his usual self, getting into trouble and making us laugh on the way! My parents and I were working on dinner, and being the food junkie that he is, Toby was close by. My mom picked up a raw steak that was extra and went to get a bag out of the drawer. Toby seized the opportunity and latched onto the steak, before I utter a single syllable! I nearly shouted, "Toby!" as my mom realized what was happening. Toby dropped the steak at the tone in my voice. My parents and I were laughing, looking at the bite mark in the steak as my mom turned to rinse it in the sink. The steak dangling from her hand as she paused to look at it was too much temptation. Toby popped up on his hind legs, and snatched it again, the weight of him pulling it from my mom's hand. It dropped to the floor and I used that split second to grab Toby's collar and pull his nose away from the raw meat. Laughing again my mom picked up the steak and got it quickly to the sink, rinsed it, and put it in the freezer saying, "Now it's tenderized!"

No comments:

Post a Comment