7/27/10

Doggie DIY Week: Day 2

Yesterday's project had some leftovers, two sweatshirt sleeves. To save money I have taken to buying Toby's stuffed toys at yard sales, and I have saved a lot but when I had these two sweatshirt sleeves left over I knew there had to be a way to make them into free stuffed toys. Most dogs LOVE stuffed toys, unfortunately most stuffed toys don't stand a chance against those teeth! So we doting owners buy toy after toy to keep our pups happy. I couldn't pass up this free stuffed toy opportunity. The hard part was figuring out what to stuff them with without spending money. The idea came to me while folding laundry one day! I don't know about you but I always have mismatched socks lying around. Whether the match was thrown out because of a hole or it disappeared into the abyss of the unknown, it is definitely gone for good. Rather than throw out these matchless or hole filled socks, I figured, why not use them as stuffing, that way it would be machine washable and free! So I sewed one end of the sleeve shut, stuffed it full of no-match socks, and sewed off the other end and passed it off to Toby for the test run...

                                            He approved! 















                                        Action shot!












With the other sleeve, I think I will stuff it fuller, and maybe wait until he destroys his current squeaky toy so that I can put the squeaker in the new toy.

1 comment:

  1. The action shot is great. He DOES love his toys.

    ReplyDelete